itl click thru










PAIA, 2000 (Act 2 of 2000)


0860 562 874


011 375 5911

0800 002 587

home > Region D
other city news
Region D Print E-mail
08 February 2007

Frequently asked questions

Where do I submit my meter readings?
Submit your meter readings via Joburg Connect 0860 562 874 or the City of Johannesburg website's e-services.

What are the operating times of the City of Johannesburg departments?
City departments are open from 7.30am to 4pm.

Where do I obtain information on councillors?

Call 011 211 8800 for ward governance information.

How do I get registered as a service provider on the database?
Obtain forms from City regional offices or from the Metro Centre and send them back.

What deposit is required when opening a new municipal account?
The deposit is calculated based on the previous owner's consumption.

How much will it cost to hire a municipal hall?
Call 011 211 8800 for rental rates at the City's sports and recreation and aquatics centres.

What must I do in order to receive my statement electronically?
Visit the City of Joburg's website at and register with e-services.

Who pays rates and taxes?
People who own land valued at more than R20 000 must pay rates and taxes.

What do I do if I don't get my statement on time?
You can call the People's Centre in your area on 011 213 0056 or 011 211 8847; or call Joburg Connect on 0860 562 874; or register with e-services and your statement will be e-mailed to you every month.

Where do I pay my traffic fines and car licences?

Traffic fines and car licences can be paid at the Sophie Masite Civic Centre 1 Koma Road in Jabulani, Soweto between Mon - Fri, 7.30am - 4pm or contact 011 986 0178 / 0296 / 0077.

Where do I get my house plans and where do I submit building plans for approval?
Contact the Metro Centre anytime between 7.30am and 4pm.

Where do I pay for a new electricity connection or for a pre-paid connection?
To install electrical cables and new meter boxes, contact City Power at 0860 562 874 or 40 Heronmere Road, Reuven, in the south of Johannesburg. An official will need to visit the property before giving you a quote on a connection fee. Generally, 21 days from date of payment should be allowed for installation work to be completed.

Where do I pay for new water and sewer connections?
Contact Joburg Water on 011 688 1500.

Where do I report water meter leakages?
Contact Joburg Water on 011 855 6719 or 011 688 1500.
Where do I report a power failure?
Contact City Power on 011 857 1842 / 43 / 45 or 011 490 1500; or Joburg Connect on 0860 562 874.

<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next > End >>
(Page 7 of 9)
Bookmark and Share
Last Updated on 20 February 2013