itl click thru










PAIA, 2000 (Act 2 of 2000)


0860 562 874


011 375 5911

0800 002 587

home > Region G
other city news
Region G Print E-mail
13 February 2007

Frequently asked questions

Where do I submit my meter readings?
Submit your meter readings via Joburg Connect on 011 375 5555 or the City of Johannesburg website's e-services.

What are the operating times of the City of Johannesburg departments?
City departments are open from 7.30am to 4pm.

Where do I obtain information on councillors?
Call 011 211 8800 for ward governance information.

How do I get registered as a service provider on the database?
Get forms from City regional offices or from the Metro Centre, fill them in and return them.

What deposit is required when opening a new municipal account?
The deposit is calculated based on the previous owner's consumption. 

How much will it cost to hire a municipal hall?

Call 011 211 8800 for rental rates at the City's sports and recreation and aquatics centres.

What do I do in order to receive my statement electronically?
Visit the City of Johannesburg's website at and register with e-services.

Who pays rates and taxes?
People who own land valued at more than R20 000 must pay rates and taxes.

What do I do if I do not get my statement on time?
You can call the People's Centre in your area on 011 213 0056 or 011 211 8847; or call Joburg Connect on 011 375 5555; or register with e-services and your statement will be e-mailed to you every month. 

Where do I pay my traffic fines and car licences?

Traffic fines and car licences can be paid at the Lenasia Civic Centre, on the corner of Rose Avenue and Elands Street, Extension 1 or at the Ennerdale Civic Centre, on the corner of Katz and Smith streets, Extension 9.

Where do I get my house plans and where do I submit building plans for approval?
This can be done at the Ennerdale Civic Centre, on the corner of Katz and Smith streets, Extension 9; or call 011 213 0125 before 10am on weekdays; or contact the Metro Centre between 7.30am and 4pm.

Where do I pay for a new electricity connection or for a pre-paid connection?
Visit your nearest City Power offices at the Corobrick Municipal Complex, K43 Highway Road, Lenasia South East; or call the offices on 011 857 1842 / 43 / 45 or 011 490 1500.

Where do I pay for new water and sewer connections?
Contact Joburg Water 011 688 1500 or the Ennerdale Depot on 011 855 6714 / 19.

Where do I report water meter leakages?
Contact Joburg water on 011 855 6719 or 011 688 1500.

Where do I report a power failure?
Contact City Power on 011 857 1842 / 43 / 45 or 011 490 1500; or Joburg Connect on 011 375 5555.


<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next > End >>
(Page 6 of 8)
Bookmark and Share
Last Updated on 13 February 2013