Share this article
43. Do not buy larger or more powerful appliances than are actually required.
44. Do not buy an electric appliance when a hand-operated one will suffice.
45. Use the correct appliance for the job e.g. do not make toast on the stove or in the oven.
46. Do not fill a kettle if only a small quantity of boiling water is required. It is sufficient to put in only enough water to cover the element.
47. It is more economical to boil water in a kettle rather than in a pot on the stove.
48. Always use an iron that is thermostatically controlled. You can avoid ironing clothes by removing clothing promptly from tumble dryer and folding them carefully.
49. Operate swimming pool filter pumps for minimum periods.
50. Paint the walls of your home in a light colour. Dark colours tend to absorb light, requiring you to use more energy from light bulbs to achieve the same effect.
Source : https://www.property24.com/articles/50-ways-to-save-electricity-and-money-around-the-house/25963