Share this article

​Power failures
ele.jpgPower failures can be due to a number of reasons.

It is important to establish firstly if the power has gone off because of loss of supply from City Power's network, or due to tripping of your own circuit breaker(s) on your premises.
If the entire building or house has lost power, check your distribution board to see if any circuit breakers have tripped. If no circuit breakers are in the off (down) position check to see if any of your neighbours still have power.

If the power seems to be a loss of supply from City Power, call Joburg Connect on 0860 562 874 or 0860-JOBURG and report the interruption. If it is established that the power loss is due to a fault on the consumer's side, a call-out charge will be levied.​

If the City disconnects your power du​e to arrears on your account you will receive a disconnection card​. ​