13 March 2008

Objections to the figures


Objection forms

YOU are entitled to challenge the property value or, for that matter, any entry in the General Valuation Roll.

However, the General Valuation Roll has been finalised and advertised in compliance with legislation. Changes to the roll are only possible through a formal legal process.


You are entitled to object to:

  • Any omissions;

Incorrect information, such as the address, the owner, the unit number, et cetera;

Incorrect value; and

Other owners' property information.

Paying rates during an objection

You are still liable to pay your property rates during the objection process. If the value of your property changes subsequent to the objection process, you will be refunded or billed the difference with interest.